DITSELA aims to contribute to strengthening the labour movement by:
- Delivering programmes that are at the cutting edge in trade union education, research and support.
- Supporting the development of the organisational capacity of trade unions and federations towards delivering their own education provision and the building of working class power.
- Striving to be a worker-education center that offers dynamic, vibrant, critical and inspiring education that engages the evolving challenges facing the trade union movement and the broader working class.
- Building a comprehensive and responsive programme that can be reproduced, adapted and sustained throughout the labour movement.
- Maintaining an open space for critical reflection and engagement.
- Embodying and promoting the democratic views and ethos of the trade union movement.
- Striving to be a responsive learning organisation.
- Encouraging unionists who participate in the Ditsela programme to ploughback their learnings to strengthen the labour movement.