- To help new administrators to locate themselves in the labour
- To understanding what a union is and the role of an
administrator in supporting the work of the union.
- To share cross-union experiences and the challenges faced
- To develop and practice the administrative skills required to
- To introduce key labour laws.
- To develop an understanding of the role administrators can
play in securing workers their legal rights.
- To build the confidence of administrators to read and use legal materials to answer workers’ queries.
- The role of the administrator in union context
- Key issues around union organisation, history, purpose, values
and labour debates
- Basic skills required in union administration, in a problem
- Understanding the legal framework and how laws are made
- Understanding the LRA and the role of the administrator
- Practising dealing with common queries
- Looking at other key labour laws and issues
This course is best suited to new union administrators