An overview of Labour Laws.
- Key aspects of the LRA and its practical application. · Understanding the BCEA.
- Understanding the EEA and how employers and unions can use it.
- Non-legal aspects of dismissals
- Categorisation of different types of dismissal
- Dismissal for misconduct, incapacity and operational requirements
- Dealing with dismissals at the workplace · Referring disputes to CCMA
- The role of the administrator in union context
- Key issues around union organisation, history, purpose, values
and labour debates
- Basic skills required in union administration, in a problem
- Understanding the legal framework and how laws are made
- Understanding the LRA and the role of the administrator
- Practising dealing with common queries
- Looking at other key labour laws and issues
Organisers, shopstewards and unionists who need an understanding of labour law and how it can be used to complement union organisation